for being a part of the success of Durango Film, an independent film festival. We are celebrating our fifteenth year of film festival excellence, and are here today thanks to you.
“What an incredible experience this has been! We’ve been so impressed by this festival – from the top notch staff to the thoughtful audiences and the killer programming. We are honored to have been included and hope to come back soon! Thank you for championing indie film.” Christine Weatherup, Killed in Action
With our current donor campaign, we collectively move Durango Film forward into the 2020 festival as we:
1. Inspire and Educate Audiences with Independent Film
- Screen global, innovative and diverse films
- Connect filmmakers, their vision, and their art with the community
- Contribute to improving film and media literacy in the Four Corners region
- Develop public school and education programs for local and regional children
- Develop educational panels and workshops for the audience using visiting filmmakers
2. Support the Independent Filmmaker
- Provide a forum for independent films to be seen
- Expand the audience for independent films
- Increase opportunities for contact with other film professionals
- Promote local film production; serving as a liaison between production crews and the community
3. Improve the Local Economy by Drawing Visitors to La Plata County
- Durango Film’s community economic impact has been valued at $353,000 in prior years.
The cause is one you support: The future work of Durango Film!
Durango Film brings a community together with independent filmmakers for the unique opportunity to experience and discuss global, innovative and diverse films. We are committed to promoting film production in the Four Corners and serving as a liaison between the production crew and the community , thereby creating socio-economic impact.
Look at all the ways your support goes to create a vital future for Durango Film:
- $50 – provides one classroom media literacy kit to one local teacher
- $150 – supports the single screening of a feature length film at the festival
- $250 – sponsors one filmmaker workshop with the public or in the schools
- $600 – provides travel and lodging for one visiting filmmaker or film subject
- $1,000 – assists with busing students to the venue for the REEL Learning school program
- $1,000 – assists with one full day of educational film presentations for students in Ignacio & Durango
Your gift at this time reinforces our efforts to draw visitors to La Plata County, to inspire and educate audiences and students in our community, and to support the Independent Filmmaker.
I can not emphasize enough just how incredible this film festival has been. It was an absolute honor to be a part of this amazing event. From the staff of the festival to the to the kind sponsors, this festival holds a dear place in our hearts. Thank you for everything!
–Jeremy Miller, Paradise Garden, 2015 Filmmaker
Thank you for investing in our community!