for being a part of the success of Durango Film, an independent film festival. We are celebrating our eleventh year of film festival excellence, and are here today thanks to you.
This is the best festival I’ve ever been a part of, and that I’ve ever experienced. Everything was very professional and at the same time very personal. I couldn’t believe how friendly and accommodating everyone was. This is a wonderful festival in a wonderful town.
–Sean Stueve, Missed Prayers, 2015 Filmmaker
With our current donor campaign, we collectively move Durango Film forward into the 2016 festival as we:
1. Inspire and Educate Audiences with Independent Film
- Screen global, innovative and diverse films
- Connect filmmakers, their vision, and their art with the community
- Contribute to improving film and media literacy in the Four Corners region
- Develop public school and education programs for local and regional children
- Develop educational panels and workshops for the audience using visiting filmmakers
2. Support the Independent Filmmaker
- Provide a forum for independent films to be seen
- Expand the audience for independent films
- Increase opportunities for contact with other film professionals
3. Improve the Local Economy by Drawing Visitors to La Plata County
- Durango Film’s community economic impact has been valued at $353,000 in prior years.
The cause is one you support: The future work of Durango Film!
We are committed to developing film literacy and to being a welcoming, intimate, and unique film organization that screens global, innovative, and diverse films connecting independent filmmakers, their artistic process, and their vision with the community
Look at all the ways your support goes to create a vital future for Durango Film:
- $50 – provides one classroom media literacy kit to one local teacher
- $150 – supports the single screening of a feature length film at the festival
- $250 – sponsors one filmmaker workshop with the public or in the schools
- $500 – provides travel and lodging for one visiting filmmaker or film subject
- $1000 – assists with a full day of education programs and the field trips to DIFF
Your gift at this time reinforces our efforts to draw visitors to La Plata County, to inspire and educate audiences and students in our community, and to support the Independent Filmmaker.
I can not emphasize enough just how incredible this film festival has been. It was an absolute honor to be a part of this amazing event. From the staff of the festival to the to the kind sponsors, this festival holds a dear place in our hearts. Thank you for everything!
–Jeremy Miller, Paradise Garden, 2015 Filmmaker
Thank you for investing in our community!