Guiding Principles – In Brief:
1. Reflect the Durango community by producing a “Community Festival.”
2. Allow the Mission Statement and Guiding Principles to serve as the blueprint for Durango Film.
3. Maintain a financially sustainable organization.
4. Strive to bring significant artistic, cultural and financial rewards to our community through our festival and other programs.
5. Actively acknowledge the support and contributions of our sponsors and supporters.
6. Strive to have large film audiences, educational panels and workshops, and opportunities to have contact with other key film professionals.
7. Continuously develop our public school and education program for the benefit of local and regional children.
8. Provide a forum for the independent filmmaker to screen their provocative, illuminating, educational, political and diverse films.
9. Keep a balance of professions and skill sets, and keep community in mind when choosing new members for the board of directors.
10. Create a FUN festival for the attending community, board of directors, staff, and volunteers.