Top 5 Reasons Filmmakers Should Submit to Durango Film:
5. We will take care of your every whim (and we all know filmmakers do have whims). Admit it!
4. Like to ski? You can take a day trip to Purgatory to ski our fantastic white stuff! Colorado spring skiing is the best!
3. Wanna go for a ride? Durango is home to the historic Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad featured in many western films.
2. We have our very own Durango Film beer, artfully brewed by Ska Brewing Company, complimentary to filmmakers in our Filmmakers’ Lounge. This year marks the second year it will be in the “can”.
1. Durango is a picturesque, real western town offering the perfect setting to showcase your film to an enthusiastic audience.
We are open for submissions for our 2020 Festival taking place March 4 – 8. Please submit your film on filmfreeway.com.
2018 Filmmaker Testimonials!
“We planned on staying for two days…but ended up staying the whole time! From the minute we stepped into the Rochester [Hotel], we were welcomed into this town and festival like no other…we couldn’t not stay till the very end.” Erik Nachtrieb and Vivienne Smith,1iOpen Productions, Altai Frontier
“First off…congrats on what’s been the most hospitable and fun festival of our lives. The people, the filmmakers, and the support has been nothing short of amazing! We will be back…your new family.” Manny & Lisa Rodriguez, Butterfly Caught
“Thank you for all your gracious hospitality. It was both a pleasure and an honor to be selected for the festival. Your efforts to bring film to the youth of Durango are so commendable. Thank you for supporting the next generation of filmmakers.” Alexis Patton, Angels in Disguise